Readers of this blog often ask me about room rates for some resorts I have featured here while some asks for sample itinerary.
This post is for one reader who emailed me asking if I can help her craft their itinerary in Guimaras Island. True to my promise and to promote this island as a freelance writer, here it is. Take note that this IT is for those bound for Nueva Valencia, Guimaras.
* arrival in Iloilo City
*transport from Iloilo Airport to Ortiz port ( where you can take a boat to Guimaras; travel time is 45 minutes -1 hour)
* arrival in Jordan port then proceed to the resort of your choice ( you can take some photos along the way which will make the trip a little bit longer)
* after lunch..boating ( visit Bat Caves and SEAFDEC fish sanctuary, Turtle Island)
* rent a motorcycle to Guisi (about 400php back and forth; driver will wait for 5 hours)
* Trappist Monastery for pasalubong
* if you still have time, you can explore the city of Iloilo
For accommodation, I suggest Villa Igang Resort.
I hope this helps..just follow the link to the posts I wrote for more information..and forgive me if this is not as good or organized as those prepared by travel agents, I’m quite in a rush to finish some tasks as a freelance writer..enjoy!